Dr. Paul M. Ribisl, Charles E. Taylor Professor of Health and Exercise Science at Wake Forest University, is an exercise physiologist who was a co-founder of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Wake Forest University, which he directed from 1975-1991. Dr. Ribisl also chaired the Department of Health and Exercise Science from 1991-2007. Dr. Ribisl was named Interim Dean of the College in July 2008 and has been an Associate Dean for Academic Planning since January 2009.
His areas of research are:
Graded exercise testing in the diagnosis and prognosis of coronary heart disease,
Exercise programming and prescription for patients with chronic degenerative diseases, including obesity and type 2 diabetes,
Measurement of physical activity and energy expenditure.
Dr. Ribisl was currently involved in a national multi-center NHLBI trial entitled "LOOK AHEAD: A Diet and Physical Activity Intervention in Obese Diabetics". He is also currently a Co-Investigator on an NIH grant entitled: CHANGE: An Intervention to Increase Exercise Maintenance at Case Western Reserve University and the Cleveland Clinic.
- Ribisl AbnormalGXT&Type2DM DiabCare
- Ribisl Lifestyle&Fitness&Type2DM IJO
- Ribisl Science&Practice&Outcomes ClinInvestMed
- Ribisl Exercise Capacity in Overweight and Obese Individuals - Diabetes CareOctober 2007
- Ribisl ACSM vs IOM Guidelines H&FJ
- Ribisl Darwin Was Wrong Demise of the Fittest H&FJ
- Ribisl Inflammation&Exercise H&FJournal
- Ribisl RunningAwaryFromDisability H&FJ
- Ribisl Survival of the Fittest ACSM H&FJ
- Ribisl Toxic Waist Dump H&FJ